When taken care of properly, the human body can be remarkable. A healthy body can endure more. While conception and pregnancy are a normal part of human life, there are many who have difficulty with the process. Many of the modern lifestyles and environmental factors have a negative impact on our bodies, which could lead to infertility.
These are some tips to help you take care of yourself so that infertility does not happen.
- Stop smoking. Smoking is bad for your body. It can also be detrimental to female fertility. A woman who smokes 20 cigarettes per day can reduce her fertility by more than 20%. Smoking also increases the likelihood of miscarriage. Smoking is linked to low sperm counts and slow sperm movements in men.
- Reduce Alcohol. Female and male fertility can be affected by excessive alcohol consumption. The sperm count is decreased and alcohol can be toxic to the sperm. It can also cause hormonal imbalances that can lead to miscarriage.
- Exercise moderately. Exercising too often can cause women to have irregular menstrual cycles. As heat builds up around your testicles, it can affect your sperm count.
- Avoid environmental hazards. These include poisons like pesticides, lead and heavy metals as well as radiation. You should also check with your doctor if the medication you’re taking may have an effect on fertility. Recreational drugs are also prohibited.
- Pay attention to your weight. Being overweight can reduce your chances of getting pregnant. If you’re overweight, you need to lose weight. You should adjust your lifestyle to include moderate exercise and a balanced diet. Both can have a positive impact on fertility.
- Take Folic acid. Folic acid may help reduce the risk of foetal abnormalities like spina bifida. You should take 400 mg of folic acid daily if you are participating in an IVF program.
- Regular cervical smears are recommended. This can reduce the risk of developing cervical cancer. You should have a routine cervical smear every three years, or as recommended by your doctor.
Modern life is filled with products that aren’t entirely natural or healthy. Many unhealthy foods are loaded with preservatives and odd ingredients. Your lifestyle can have a significant impact on fertility. It’s important to be aware of what you eat and how you take care of yourself.
BioART Fertility Centre provides a unique experience in fertility treatments. Our long-standing tradition of providing state-of-the art fertility treatment has been delivered with a personal touch. Every patient is treated individually, with their unique problems and needs. Our team combines a compassionate, dignified approach with the most advanced reproductive technologies.